Investing in Community:
Mangoesmapping is a commercial company with the community at heart. All of our employees give their time in service to the community in many different forms and we’re proud to invest some of our profits back into community activities.
Atherton Historical Railway
- supporting restoration of Peckitt Steam Locomotive
Douglas Integrated Riders and Trailbuilders (D.I.R.T.)
- Twin Bridges Tussle MTB race
Defence Shed/Yarrabah RSL Sub Branch
– sponsored the transport of Vietnam-era APC from Victoria to Yarrabah QLD for Vietnam War memorial garden
CAFNEC Marine Response Team
– Donation of tablet computer for mapping the Cairns Drain Stencil Project
CAFNEC Wilderness Bike Tour
– Sponsorship and professional imaging and mapping for the Wilderness Bike Tour, which raises money vital to the continued operation of Cairns and Far North Environment Centre.
Global Community Support
Beyond our financial and in-kind support for local community initiatives, Mangoesmapping staff volunteer across a range of community groups, both locally (eg. Far North GIS Group Inc) and internationally (eg. StandbyTaskforce.org).
Standby Taskforce is part of the International Crisis Mappers Network. Our work for StandbyTaskforce.org involves ‘digital humanitarianism’ where we apply our unique skills online with other volunteers around the world to remotely support the collation, geolocation and reporting of incident-related information during the early stages of major natural disasters. The work of StandbyTaskforce is critical to the well-informed and effective response to disasters by major coordinating and responding agencies such as the United Nations, National Governments, Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders and so many other groups. Past deployments we’ve been involved with include the Nepal earthquake, Cyclone Pam (both 2015), the Ecuador earthquake and Hurricane Matthew (both 2016).